Alabama’s Rising Stars
“Alabama’s Rising Stars” is a program of the Miss Alabama Pageant through which contestants act as mentors for young ladies aged seven (7) to eleven (11). The Rising Stars program is not a competition but rather a mentoring and learning process.
The activities for the Rising Stars are subject to change every year; participants come to the Miss Alabama Pageant for activities that may include:
- Lunch and rehearsal with the Miss Alabama contestants one day during pageant week
- Participation on stage during one of the preliminary nights of competition
- Picture in the Miss Alabama program book
- Autographed photo of Miss Alabama
- Miss Alabama program book
- Crown jewelry (one piece)
- Certificate of participation
- The Rising Stars of the top ten finalists may be featured at the annual Miss Alabama Fashion Show.
The following items are required for participation:
- Statement of Understanding
- Registration fee (made payable to the Miss Alabama Pageant)
- 5 x 7 head shot (color or black and white)
When a contestant wins a local title, she must work through her local pageant to recruit or appoint her Rising Star. The Miss Alabama Pageant maintains a list of interested parties in case a contestant and local pageant need a referral for a Rising Star. If you know someone who is interested in partnering as a Rising Star with a Miss Alabama contestant, or if you have any questions, please contact Eve Gray at email@example.com.