How to Enter the Miss Alabama's Outstanding Teen Competition
The Miss Alabama's Outstanding Teen Competition invites interested young women to consider becoming a candidate. Candidates may enter at-large or by winning a local preliminary competition that sends their winner to the state competition. Participating in a local preliminary is an effective way to gain experience, hone your talents and skills, and compete in the state competition free of charge.
The candidate must be a resident or student in the State of Alabama for at least six months prior to the first local or state competition.
Participation in the Miss Alabama's Outstanding Teen competition provides a unique opportunity for young ladies to gain both the life skills and college tuition scholarship assistance.
Competition Categories for Preliminaries
- 6 minute interview with a panel of judges
LIFESTYLE and FITNESS
- Candidates learn an exercise routine and will perform the routine in groups and in an individual phase.
- 90 second time limit
- Accompaniment (if used) must be on CD
- Evening Wear is candidate's choice
- Candidate will answer one on-stage question from her paperwork or will draw a current event question.